CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Not Gonna Lie

So, I know people think baseball rules our lives and it probably does. We practice it all the time, we spend tons of money on it and we love to talk about it. Each boy in our family is an amazing baseball player and Caroline can hold her own in softball. I love it. I love to go to games and see the results of the many hours of practice. But I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous yesterday before the high school team was announced. Logically, I knew that Jake and Evan both deserved to make the team, but there are always surprises (yesterday a solid senior was cut for who knows what reason). Anyway, I had to occupy myself all morning until noon when the names were posted. Craig called at 11:30 and his voice sounded funny so I assumed the worst. . . . But actually Jake and Evan both made it just like we thought they should and it will be so fun for them to play with each other for these two years before Evan graduates. Other than their Varsity, JV and Sophomore games, Caroline is playing softball this spring, Sam is playing on two teams and Icky is playing on two teams. I should probably go rest up for spring now.

6 comments:

Karyn Parry said...

It will be so fun for the boys to play together. Congratulations guys!

We are hoping to hook up when you come down for your next baseball tournament. We will be around until the 9th. I hope you guys are coming over before that.

MTD said...

YAY!!! Good job guys, but really, it's kind of a no-brainer. That's awesome that they'll be able to play together!

MTD said...

that was really Celeste, but I'm sure Matt feels the same way.

becky said...

congrats to the boys! what a cool thing to be able to play together!

Claudine Cable said...

Congratulations! I've got to hand it to you, you have certainly devoted your time and energy to your children. Wish I were there to catch a few games. Fun stuff!

Claudine Cable said...

And you are right. We have not yet found good food in England. Even when the President and his wife took us out to a nice restaurant in Solihull.