CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Was Sad Today

Today I took Icky to the allergy doctor for his fish skin testing. It did not go well. He had immediate and decisive reactions to crab, shrimp and salmon. Salmon and shrimp are two of his favorite foods and we had high hopes that the skin testing would go well. For most of the 90 minutes we spent at Dr. Broadbent's office, silent and not-s0-silent tears continuously streamed down Isaac's face. This was the most emotional I have seen him. The saddest. The most discouraged. I was really sad today.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That blows Becky. Man I'm so sorry.
He's such a cutie and deserves to be able to eat whatever the hell he wants.
I hope it eventually gets better.
Do these things get better?
Can he grow outt've it?

Celeste said...

Man I love that kid, talking to him on the phone yesterday, you'd have never known that he was that upset. He was joking with me and asking how Sawyer was doing with Charlie gone and stuff. Caroline told us this weekend that she would never order salmon so that he wouldn't feel bad. I was kind of amazed, but these examples just show the strength of character that I see in all your kids. They might tease the crap out of each other, but the love in your house, the loyalty & sacrifices show that something is working very well. crappy allergies be damned. Love you.

browniemom said...

Poor Icky! Maybe we should just take all the things he is allergic to out of this world so no one can have them. Then he would never have to feel bad. So sorry!

Claudine Cable said...

I'm so sorry for him. It must have been terribly disappointing.

Karyn Parry said...

What a bummer. It is no fun having to worry about all these food issues. You are so on top of it all though. He is lucky to have you in his life. You take great care of him and fill his life up with other great things.

Hey, I am sorry you were so sad... It is never fun to see crocodile tears on your child. Give him a kiss from us!