CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Parenting is a Racket

Pareting is a racket. It must be. Why else would we have to send our kids out into the cruel world after nurturing them and teaching them and helping them for 18 years. I think the kids who head off to college are probably ready, but the parents aren't. I know I'm not. It's all downhill from here. Evan will barely be home a few weeks at the end of the school year before he's off on his mission.

The good part? He texted me today and said, "this is where I'm supposed to be". So if he's happy, I'm happy.

He's gonna love BYU and he's only an hour away!


4 comments:

becky said...

i went and saw his place tonight and went to dinner. such a fun time in life! and we're doing lunch tomorrow with reno, I'll take care of him!


although we did agree that if he gets in trouble, i can be his "becky parry" and you'll never know. Heehee:-)

browniemom said...

It's so hard to let go! Looks like they are already having fun. I love the quilt. Did you make it?

Claudine Cable said...

He will do so well at BYU. Love the NY Yankees fan. I know it is hard to have them leave and move on in the world, but you wouldn't have it any other way.

Erin Blake said...

Becky- I found your blog. Yeah! I won't feel so far away. Come go to a Dodgers Game with us. Wait, with your family dynamics, I have no idea which ones are Dodgers fans...