CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Great Incense Debate

Last time Craig went to Japan he had some kind of brain cramp and bought Jake and Evan incense burners. Now, the first problem with this is that teenage boys are now lighting something in their bedrooms on fire. I do not feel that teenage boys are trustworthy with fire in their bedrooms. The second, and perhaps bigger, problem is that the incense smells TERRIBLE . . . much like the entire country of Japan ( I know because I lived there for a year). The smell of the incense makes both Sam and me sick to our stomachs. The boys (backed by their dad) think that they have a right to burn their incense. Sam and I think they should stop because we hate it. We cannot find a compromise. Now every time Jake or Evan burns their incense, Sam will come upstairs to tell me, I tell Jake and Evan to stop, they tell Craig they are being persecuted. . . and around and around we go. Any ideas on a compromise?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Have you tried other types of incense as they vary radically. We're based in the UK at http://www.craftyjungle.co.uk but our most popular one is Wild Berry which you can getin the US.

Another alternative could be to use fragrance oil with an oil burner. The downside is that you have to burn a tea-light but I have bought my two daughters a set each for Christmas. However, girls are more sensible than boys? Maybe - maybe not :)

For the ultimate scent for safety try a fragrance diffuser because there are no naked flames or anything burning.

Merry Christmas.