CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Families are Forever!

We had a wonderful Family Night this week. We attended the open house of the new Draper, Utah temple. I was amazed and happy about the reverence with which my kids approached the tour. They asked many appropriate questions and were clearly happy to be there. The temple was beautiful. We particularly liked the baptismal font and I enjoyed the flower motif that was repeated throughout the temple on ceilings, walls, glass and even carpet. I think the flower was a lily. Temples are always a good reminder that families are forever and this week is the ninth anniversary of my dad's death, so it was particularly a good reminder for me.

3 comments:

becky said...

i agree...it is absolutely beautiful!

i am thinking about you this week and hope you feel the comfort and love from all of us who love you!

Claudine Cable said...

It is so hard to get the whole family together to do something worthwhile. I must congratulate you on doing just that. I would love to see the Draper temple and I hear it is beautiful and a little different than some of the others. What a blessing the Gospel is and what a gift the assurance of eternal life is to us. Thanks, Becky, for reminding us.

Karyn Parry said...

What a beautiful sight. It must feel good to look at that picture and realize you are doing a GREAT job (and if you don't you should.) I love your kids, they are fabulous! It is nice to know they love the gospel and have a testimony.

I was surprised it had been 9 years - time passes. I know he would be proud of you Becky. You are a great mom! I want you to know I love you too. Sorry for your loss so long ago. Sometimes it feels like yesterday huh.