CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 3, 2009 (Philadelphia)

Another great day of vacation! We began our day at Independence Hall in downtown Philadelphia. What a great time of year to visit here: The next obligatory stop in Philly is the Liberty Bell, cracked the first time it was used: On our walking tour of downtown, we passed Betsy Ross's house:

We next visited Elfreth's Alley, the oldest continuously inhabitated street in America. It's a beautiful old Colonial street with cobblestones running down the middle, door knockers on every door, painted shutters and colorful flowers. I loved it. I even called a realtor listed on one house to see how much they were. It wasn't a bad price, but I don't know what I would do in Philadelphia by myself.

We happened upon "Campo's" around lunch time. We had THE BEST Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches and later learned that Campo's is indeed a famous eatery in Philadelphia. I recomend "The Works" sandwich!
A visit to Philly is not complete without visiting the famous art museum steps where Rocky trained in Rocky I. Of course, my kids all had to run up the stairs and then pump their arms. It was fun. We didn't go inside and see art because we ran out of time:
The most important part of our day was the Phillies game at Citizens Bank Park. It is a beautiful park and significantly our 27th ballpark (three to go). We watched a great game between the Phillies and their rival Mets. The Phillies won 7-2. Jimmy Rollins had three hits on three pitches and Jayson Werth hit a home run. The Mets didn't play too well. Jake caught a batting practice home run hit by David Wright. This is a picture of the boys when they went early to batting practice:

2 comments:

Karyn Parry said...

Looks like you guys had a great time together. I love your family. I am glad you guys are having so much fun this summer. I love that you all take so many fun pictures.

Maybe we can hook up in St. George and see one of those plays sometime before they are over. I think Footloose or Annie is playing. The trick will be finding a weekend that works. We should think about it.

Claudine Cable said...

27 out of 30. Amazing! Your will make it yet.