CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Are Peanuts in the Bill of Rights?

The Parrys (and 20 Davises) are currently cruising at 32,000 feet on the way home from an epic vacation to Disney World and the Bahamas. We are entirely exhausted and fun-filled.

But, no matter how much fun I ever have on vacation, DELTA always manages to kill my mood. I just don't understand their fierce attachment to serving peanuts on an airplane. I don't even think that many passengers care if they are handed a bag of peanuts or a bag of prezels. Do you? For me, flying with Isaac is an anxiety-filled nightmare. I once had a pilot ask me, {insert mean voice}"What do you do when you take your son to a restaurant?" My answer: {insert mean voice reply} "We don't usually choose restaurants at 32,000 feet."

Realistically, unless he actually ingests a peanut, Isaac probably won't ever have a respiritory problem, although with all the peanut residue on planes, he often gets hives. We always take every precaution we can: bring a soapy rag to clean everything he's going to touch, pack food for him that we make at home, notify Delta ahead of time of Icky's "handicap"carry multiple doses of benadryl and epinephrine, pray. But, if I had a nickel for every flight attendant without compassion, I would be rich. Their favorite line is that they are just following the book.

Occassionally, we run across a very compassionate group who decide that risking the life of a child (three children on this flight) is not worth it and they refuse to serve peanuts.

Kudos for courage.

Last time I checked, peanuts aren't in the Bill of Rights. Darn peanut lobby

Stupid Delta. I hate you.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow I've never thought about it before.
Yeah, I totally don't care about getting served pretzels instead of peanuts.
Interesting.
I'm glad you guys had fun.
Did he do ok on the flight?
No hives?
No mishaps?

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mamalar said...

you and heather could get together and tell I hate delta stories and have a rollicking good time.