CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting Trained By Our Puppy

We are getting really well trained by Romeo. I know that's not how it's supposed to be. Really, people should train puppies, not the other way around.

Craig made the mistake of letting Romeo fall asleep in Isaac's bed last night. After they were both asleep, we moved Romeo to his bed in the gated bathroom. He woke up a short time later and cried. So, I got him up and he made a beeline for the top of the stairs, where he sat and cried. So, I took him down to Isaac's room and put him in his soft little bed there. Of course, he cried and tried to jump up into bed with Isaac. When I finally put him next to the sleeping Isaac, Romeo curled up next to Isaac and looked at me like, "now I'm perfectly happy". The idea in getting a dog was so the dog would bond with Isaac, but this is ridiculous. When Isaac is at school, Romeo cries until I take him down to Isaac's room. Little devil. I should tell him that things don't end well for Romeo in the play.
Today, he disappeared into my bathroom for a few minutes and then came racing around the corner with the end of a roll of toilet paper in his mouth. It was cute, but naughty. He also loves to chew the corner of my nice area rug in the bedroom. But he already knows he's not supposed to, so when he sees me coming, he bites as fast as he can, looks at me, then runs away.


Stay tuned to see who wins the battle of wills.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwwwwwwww but he's just so cute.

Claudine Cable said...

That has to be the cutest puppy ever. I'm surprised, but thrilled that you have a puppy. P.S. Pets always win.

Celeste said...

You're kinda fighting against nature in expecting him to sleep all by his onesie in the bathroom. Dogs are pack animals, and this little dude has been sleeping in a big pile of siblings all his life. Be glad that he's chosen the correct person to adore. And keep your shoes put away. At least that's what we're learning, Romeo is probably too small to even get his mouth around a shoe.

Suzie said...

Two words: Bitter Apple. Don't know if you've tried it but it's a spray you use in training. Tastes horrible and when puppy misbehaves, you give him a squirt in his mouth...you can also spray things you don't want him chewing on. We used it on a couple of dogs and as soon as they even saw the bottle, they'd run with their tail between their legs!

P.S. He really is very cute! ;)

browniemom said...

I can't stop laughing that you are letting this adorable puppy rule your life!