CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Love Super Bowl Sunday. Love it. It always combines three of the best things in life: Football, Food & Family (Friends is an "F" word too I guess). Yesterday was another great Big Game Sunday. We partied at my mom's this year and had lots of amazing food. We had pizza, yummy island salad, fresh guacamole (amazing), and Ryan's hot wings.

In the paper this week, Craig saw some recipes from Indianapolis and New Orleans, representing the two teams playing yesterday. He chose two New Orleans recipes and we teamed up to make some awesome dishes. We had bread pudding with bourbon sauce, which was amazing. When Craig went to buy the bourbon, the worker at the liquor store said, "I'm pretty sure you're over 21, but I'm not positive so I have to card you". Haha. We got a kick out of that. Craig looks awesome and young, but not 20. We also made a "Nawlins" queso with spicy sausace. Both dishes were delish.

Lots of people came and it was the usual chaos. People were watching the game all over the house.

Most people were cheering for Peyton Manning and the Colts, but Evan and Craig were cheering for the Saints. It was a close game and overtime threatened as the Colts were driving with five minutes left--a touchdown would have tied the game, until Peyton threw a Pick Six that effectively ended the game. Saints 31. Colts 17.

I hope my team wins next year, but unless you are really emotionally invested, it's just fun to have an excuse for a party and it doesn't matter that much who wins.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I can gladly say I watched it.
I remember one year we just went to visit pugs and didn't even know it was super bowl sunday.
Yeah Dru and I don't watch sport.
Can we still be friends?