CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thomas On the Loose

Thomas is working hard getting his mission papers all ready to send in.  He's excited to get his call and get on his way.  This week he had his wisdom teeth out as one of the last things he needed to do.  I picked him up at the oral surgeon's office when they were all done and getting home with my large Polynesian charge was quite the adventure.  Thomas was very drugged up, but we had to stop at Dick's Market to get his prescriptions filled.  When I took the papers into the pharmacy, I came back to the car to find Thomas gone.  Hmmm, not such a good feeling to lose him in his drugged state.  But, I was lucky enough to see him go around the corner of the market, so I went after him, took his hand and led him back to the car.  At this point, I told him not to move a muscle because I had to go back and pick up his meds.  He nodded his agreement, I went back to the store and when I got back to the car, well I'm sure you guessed, he was gone.  But this time, Thomas was no where to be found.  I had a stranger jump in her car and start looking for him and G-Dawg came right over and she started looking.  We decided we better call 911 since Thomas was definitely on drugs and might scare someone or hurt himself.  The police said they'd send some cars right over.  Luckily, just in time he turned up.  I asked him where he had been and he said he had been in the car the whole time.  Right, Thomas.  Not unless he was invisible.  So, I don't know where he went, but at least he was back.  I took no more chances, drove straight home and deposited him on the couch with a fresh batch of drugs.

As a side note, I was moved when the surgeon's office called that afternoon and asked if they could help Thomas pay for his mission.  This is a doctor who didn't even know Thomas before Friday and took out his four impacted wisdom teeth for free.  There are so many amazing people in the world.

2 comments:

becky said...

that is really a funny story! i love that you had to basically manhandle him.

and how awesome is it that they are going to help with his mission. he's a great guy!

browniemom said...

Mrs. Tuohy (I mean Parry) what a funny story! Glad it turned out well. Maybe someday your life will be a movie;o....a very funny one.