CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Y?

I've had some time to think about this, so it's not a fresh wound, but when I first heard that Evan had been cut from the BYU baseball team, my reaction was Y?  He had an awesome try-out, even hitting the center field fence on the fly in a game situation (that's a heck of a long way).  And when comparing himself to the other candidates, he felt really good about his chances.  But, it was not to be.  When we heard, Craig and I jumped into the car and went down to Provo to take Evan out to dinner.  Upon reflection, I decided it is a real blessing to feel like you did your very best at the try-out.  Then you know it just wasn't a good match.  Evan has told me several times how happy he is in Provo and that he's in the right place.  Also blessings.  With Jake probably running track this year rather than playing baseball, we will lose two players in one year.  A sad time, but how grateful I am for the many hours of entertainment Evan has given me on the baseball diamond.  I wouldn't trade a minute.  And we can go on to enjoy many fun years of cheering on the Yankees together.  I am as proud as I could possibly be. 

0 comments: