CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

strike

i'm officially on strike.  in fact, i came home from church and went straight to bed and declared that there would be no prepared dinner.  lucky for the kids, craig made spaghetti.  after which i asked him if this would affect mother's day, because i don't want to cook on mother's day either.

i'm not going to name names to protect the guilty, but things did not go well around here this weekend.  it was mainly a chore problem.  isaac was the only one who did his, but at one point while he was cleaning his room he texted me and said, "you have already ruined my life enough".  i'm naming his name because even though i've ruined his life, he was the only one to acctually do his chores.

one child said, they "tried" to clean their room and bathroom.  after i had a talk with people about taking clean clothes out the dryer and leaving them in a pile on the counter, one child waited 15 minutes before violating this rule.  15 minutes.  two children completely blew me off when i told them to do their chores.  not a prety mom moment for me. 

one child made a list at church on their phone of my infractions.  leading the list was "on 5/1/11, mom got mad at me for no reason".  drop in the bucket. 

2 comments:

Heather Parry said...

I don't blame you for going on strike. If you need ideas, the French are experts at this. Hope your workers get it together soon!

Claudine Cable said...

I must say I love your candor. It is always entertaining. At least you have a fabulous, helpful husband.