CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Heart of Mexico

Craig and I are in the heart of Mexico. While it would be fun to visit one of the beach resorts, we are inland getting a taste of "real Mexico". Guadalajara is very interesting and warm (something important to me since we left 20 degrees behind in Salt Lake City). The architecture downtown is very European and we had a good time last evening walking around taking pictures and watching the native people. We ate wonderful food at an authentic Mexican restaurant. I had chicken with mole sauce on a cactus bed and Craig had yummy pork. It was beautifully presented and we enjoyed the beautiful restaurant. The people here are very poor and we passed through very sparse neighborhoods with dirt roads on the way from the airport. It reinforces how lucky we are to live in Utah and have so many privileges. While Craig attended meetings today, I sat by the beautiful hotel pool in the warm sun (80 degrees) and read a book. I have thoroughly enjoyed my day in Mexico.

2 comments:

Karyn Parry said...

Looks beautiful! I wish I was there with you guys. I love mole sauce sounds like you are having a great time. Next time invite us :)

Claudine Cable said...

I love your blog! What a great contrast this post is to your last post. Ohhh, to be basking in warm sunshine. Well, instead we are dripping in cold Wales but we are still doing well. I really hate to burst your bubble, but that "barn" is really a house built in 1610, a typical Gower farmhouse from Swansea. Very cool though. The red color of the walls was thought to protect the house against evil spirits. I love the thatched roof.