CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Working Girl

I have been the back-up official scorekeeper for the Utah Jazz now for about 11 years. At times it is fun, at other times it is stressful. This picture was taken last week when I worked the Jazz-Timberwolves game. The Jazz ended up winning, but I count it as one of my least favorite games. There was just too much going on and I found it a little stressful.

The league is changing and because of the "referee gambling scandal" last year, there are more controls on employees. Since I am a back-up, the league is not letting me work as much. I think it is in everyone's best interest to have two sharp official scorekeepers who have lots of practice, but they don't see things exactly like I do. Anyway, I've had fun for 11 years and if they let me keep doing games, I will definitely do it. I'm a bit of a cult hero at church and with my kids' friends.

The game versus the Timberwolves helped me with Project 365 (We are taking a picture every day of 2009 and putting them together in a scrapbook). Jake said, "I'm finding this project so much more interesting than I thought I would." Each day we review the day and decide what would best symbolize our day. Sometimes it's a little bit of a competition. Sometimes people are unhappy with mom's choice. There are always lots of opinions and suggestions. The kids wander through my room often and look at the completed pages. Last week I was lucky enough to have Sam looking out for my Project 365. I went to work at the Jazz game and when he saw me on TV, he rewound and had Craig take a picture of the television. This is right before my fist pound with D-Will, a fun pregame ritual.

1 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

How fun to make the 365 project a family project. I can see how you would be a cult hero with your children's friends. Keep up the good work.