CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An Atypical Thanksgiving

A luau is not a typical Thanksgiving dinner. Having said that, I think we would all enjoy a luau every single Thanksgiving day. We spent the morning golfing, spa-ing and swimming. We then headed over to the famous Kauai Smith Family Luau. We had a glorious evening. Before dinner we toured the beautiful grounds, admired the local chickens, took pictures and took in the luau ceremonies.

We loved having Grandma and Helam along. We enjoyed a delicious Hawaiian dinner (which included turkey and mashed potatoes). Jake ate A LOT. He ate plates and plates of food. He cleaned his plates and plates of food. After dinner he had a problem... But then he was hungry again.
Following dinner, we were treated to a traditional Hawaiian luau. It must have been a little long though because Isaac said, "School is better than this and I hate school." Also, "Remember when you used to spank me? Being spanked was more fun than this." {drama queen}.
I wish I could spend every Thanksgiving in Hawaii. It was a perfect day and we had a lot to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

How beautiful. I could use a little sunshine about now. I think Isaac is hilarious.

Julie said...

I am jealous. Wish I was in Hawaii for Thanksgiving!