CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Mondays

Mondays are pretty low-key around here.  No one really has lessons or practice.  It's a good way to start the week.  Hopefully because there aren't a lot of scheduled things, people are getting a jump on the school week.  But probably not.

I have been really trying to make Mondays more productive.  The week goes so much better if I do all the grocery shopping and meal planning today.  This week was a good week for that.  Hopefully I won't have to make another trip to the store this week.  I've been really working on emergency preparedness and food storage the past few months, so as I peruse the ads each week, I try to use Monday to pick up sale items that will work well on our food storage. 

I mailed Evan's birthday package today too.  I think we did a good job of sending some great stuff.  We sent some food he enjoys, some new exercise bands, a Sacramento Kings t-shirt that says, "Got Jimmer?--We do!".  He'll like that.  We also sent candy.  We usually send things in a flat-rate box so no matter how much the box weighs we pay the same price.  It's worth it to stuff it to the top.

The first game of the high school state tournament was tonight.  My foot hurt, so I stayed home, but Craig took the kids and went to watch.  We won pretty easily.  Jake is pretty much the leader of the student section, so it's fun to watch him lead the cheers. 

Jake also spent a good part of his day giving more statements to administrators and school police about the weekend's activities.   Since this is a public blog, I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but Jake did absolutely nothing wrong.  He was a victim in an incident that involved mainly threats.  We would like to see the boy who made the threats punished, but all we can really do is give statements and wait for an outcome.

0 comments: