CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Raising Isaac

Craig and I started our Saturday with a temple session at the Bountiful temple.  A great place to be.  Lots of other people thought so too.  I was glad afterwards when Sam and Jake got home from their scout "campout" (inside someone's cabin) and the four kids I have left at home were all under one roof for a bit.  We busied ourselves running errands and doing chores to be ready for the big Super Bowl tomorrow. 

Craig and I had a fabulous dinner of Thai food with our friends, the Beckers, and our friend, Cindy.  We love to have Cindy along wherever we go.  Great conversation and lots of laughs.

We came home to find Isaac struggling.  His chest hurts, his throat hurts and he's coughing a lot.  It's hard to raise Isaac.  Not because we don't love him.  We love him a ton.  But so many times I can't decide whether or not he needs to go to the emergency room.  I have to rely on how I "feel", which means I'm trying to let the Holy Ghost tell me whether he needs to go to the hospital.  I really try to "listen" and then react to how I feel.  Tonight he had two breathing treatments and only felt marginally better.  He's oxygenating pretty well even with a wheeze, so we decided to wait and see if he gets worse.  Hopefully I'm doing the right thing.

1 comments:

Claudine Cable said...

I don't know how you do it. Keep up the good mothering.