CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Beginning

Today is the beginning of the best time of the year.  I love what starts now and continues until July.  I love baseball season.  The only thing that could be better than getting two awesome boys off to baseball practice would be getting three awesome boys off to baseball practice.  Yes, Jake has made it official.  He is choosing to spend his spring doing other things--which is entirely his decision, but still a sad one for me.  I thought after taking his junior year off, he might come back to the fold. 

Sam is playing with the high school and also another Bountiful team with some of his friends.  He will be busy and I'm interested to see how much he enjoys putting so much time into baseball this year.  Isaac is back on the Monarchs this year, but Craig and Jerron Hale are helping coach.  We have some great new kids and they all excitedly meet at St. Olaf's to carpool into downtown for practice two nights a week.  When I dropped Isaac off tonight, I heard kids from the carpool car start yelling his name as soon as he got out of my car.  He's a popular guy in some circles.

Boys and baseball.  There's always lots to talk about there, but Caroline has definitely hit a milestone or sorts.  She has decided after careful thought that it's time to end her violin career.  Since she has started high school and been busy with AP classes, new friends, volunteering, and other homework, violin has taken a backseat.  We decided if she couldn't practice more, it wasn't going to be worth the money.  She's a little worried that she won't know what to do with herself, but I suspect she will have enough to keep her busy.

0 comments: