CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Waking Up

Today was a hard day for waking up.  To start, I was bummed that no one reminded me it was late start and I could have slept in 30 more minutes.  I didn't even do anything productive with my extra 30 minutes, I just got back in my warm bed and laid there.  And waking up the kids wasn't that great either.  Caroline, who is always good as gold in waking herself up, did great, but the boys were tough.  They all have holiday hangover I guess.  I'm always glad to get back to a routine (not the cooking dinner every night part), but it's hard to have constant parties come to an end. 

Tonight we had G-dawg over for our dinner of Shephard's Pie.  Sam had four helpings.  It's his favorite dinner.  Caroline has decided to quit the violin, which makes me sad, but I'm tired of spending money when she's not practicing.  Jake went on the team bus to the Bountiful basketball game.  Sam and Isaac decided to go to the Jazz game after dinner, so we dashed in and they made it only a minute late.  The most exciting thing about tonight is waiting for the Iowa caucus returns.  We are obviously hoping Mitt Romney wins.  We were in Mitt's ward in Belmont for the four years we lived there.  When I finally called it a night, Romney and Santorum were within 40 votes of each other.  An amazing number when the total number of votes was in the tens of thousands.

0 comments: