CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Tradition of Church Ball

Church ball started tonight.  Church ball is something looked forward to, talked about, and bragged about the whole year.  It's quite the Mormon tradition.  The priests had their first game tonight.  We have a big, quite good team.  Jake is one of the leaders and he is quite aggressive--even for my standards.  President Eyring attended our church game last night because his grandson is on the team.  When he comes to our games, sometimes I find myself wondering if, after he watches our game, church ball worldwide will be canceled.  The games are rough.  I guess the bragging rights are so important that the players go all out.  Jake likes to use his sharp elbows to get position.  And tonight, after becoming frustrating twice another player, he simply pushed the other player away and once the other player was called for a foul.  Hmmmmm.  I had to close my eyes a few times.  But admittedly, I look forward to church ball just like the boys.  The deacons start up next week, so it should be twice the fun!

0 comments: