CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thinking About Japan

I could not stop thinking about Evan in Japan today.  I hope everything is okay with him and this isn't some sort of empathy link.  This has been a pretty slow eight months for me. 

We had two basketball games tonight (only two!).  Sam's team came from behind and got a big win against a much taller team.  Sam played great and proudly wore Jimmer's BYU number--32.  Then we went to Jake's priest game.  They waited too long to get things going and lost a game they could have won.  Oh well.

The best part of today was the e-mail that came from the elementary school.  Apparently, they are instituting some rules about what they deem to be appropriate winter clothing.  Police state came to my mind.  I guess Craig had the same thought because he fired off a return e-mail that was quite entertaining.  Here's one of the better sentences:  "Now that you have determined that parents are irresponsible, ignorant and incapable of themselves ensuring that their own children are dressed in such a way so as to prevent frostbite and hypothermia (for that matter, when was the last time a child at Valley View suffered frostbite at recess?), what Orwellian regulation is next?"  Haha.  I wonder what Isaac will be wearing to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I wonder why they feel the need to make this a rule?
Have they had kids freezing?
When I taught there'd be kids turn up with no socks and summer shoes walking in the snow, no jacket or gloves.
Their hands, face, feet were bright red!! I carried extra gloves, socks and jackets in my closet to give to them, I mean who are these parents? But was I just facilitating the problem by covering their butts and letting them get away with basically child abuse?
I would think Valley View parents would be a little more responsible. If we had enforced a rule it wouldn't of mattered with these parents.
It's a dilema that's for sure.
I hope Evan's ok.
For me the 8 months have gone by fast, but ask me about the 8 months that Masaru's out, then we'll talk.

Melissa said...

Thanks for you comment.
The website is called blurb.com
So you go there and pick the middle box and download their 'booksmart'. Then it gives you options of what kinda books etc. So you make your choice THEN you hit the button that says 'blog to book' and it'll ask you to give your blogger password etc then pulls up your blogs then you click on the posts you want in your book, then it'll just put it into a standard book form.
After that you go through and edit it how much you want, click print and you're done.
Feel free to skype me or call if you need more info.